- We believe the Bible is the Word of God and the only infallible standard for what we are to believe and how we are to live our lives.
- We believe the God of the Bible is the only living and true God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe everyone is born an enemy of God and is required to confess their guilt and helplessness as a sinner against Him; to profess Jesus Christ, God the Son, as their Lord and Savior, and the only way of salvation; and to seek to forsake all sin and follow His teaching and example in humble reliance upon His grace.
- We believe God has given us the Church for the building up, instruction, and at times correction of His people; and in the context of the Church, God has promised to meet with His people, molding them more and more into the image of His Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We also believe the authority of the Church is based solely upon and limited only by the Bible, the Word of God.
- We believe God requires that His people grow in their Christian life. To this end He has given us His Word to read diligently, prayer, the LORD’s Day with its worship services, the Sacraments of Baptism and Communion, and the ability to tithe (giving a tenth) from the blessings He has given us.
- We believe God has charged His people to be His witnesses to the world around them, to faithfully live as His redeemed children and to seek to win others to Him, in all relationships of life.
Catechism: Question 101
Q: What do we pray for in the first petition?
A: In the first petition (which is, "Hallowed by Your name") we pray, that God would enable us and others to glorify Him in all that whereby He makes Himself known; and that He would dispose all things to His own glory. Matthew 6:9; Psalm 67:2,3; Psalm 83.